Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Same Moon



This short animation is one of my favorites. It is about the connection we all share here on our planet -- we all see the same moon. Following the moon through windows was inspired by one of my favorite children's books, Harold and the Purple Crayon. I would like to expand the story of The Same Moon into a children's book one day.

I wrote and created this piece as an interstitial spot for children's public television. It is made using clay-on-glass-- brightly colored modelling clay, spread like fingerpaints on an underlit glass pane. I made the sky texture using a rectangular white eraser pressed into the clay. It received several awards in international festivals.

Please contact me for a complete reel of my work with a lot more clay-on-glass animation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home